Available for Pro Plan users and above
In situations where maintaining 100% uptime is crucial, having the necessary tools to keep you informed about your screens' status, even when away from your laptop, is essential.
The Screen Status Notifications feature offers instant email alerts for both offline and online status changes, enabling users to minimize downtime and prevent potential losses promptly.
This feature provides peace of mind, reduces the need for manual checks, and contributes to heightened overall business performance and dependability.
To enable the Screens Status Notifications feature, check out this help article here.
What is the benefit?
- Receive instant alerts when your screens go offline and back online, so you don’t miss any critical updates.
- Stay informed of your screens’ status without having to manually check Studio or your screens.
- Monitor screen status with ease to improve uptime and reliability.
- Convenient for businesses with multiple locations or remote setups that may not have personnel on-site at all times.
How to use the Screen Status Notifications feature
When a screen goes offline, the user will receive an email detailing the time of detection, the organization, space, and screen name. The email will also include troubleshooting steps to aid in resolving the offline issue. Upon the screen's restoration to an online status, a notification email will be sent to promptly inform the user.
How to turn on Screen Notifications
Screen Status Notifications can be turned on in 3 places: the screens list page next to the bell icon, the individual screen detail page, and in Screens Manager. To learn more about Screen Status Notifications and how to set it up, read this help article here.
Customizable notification preferences
- Enable “Personal Notifications” to be sent exclusively to the account user (the email used to log into Studio).
- Enable “General Notifications” to include additional users in your account. Note that these members must be in your organization.
- Customize notification thresholds per screen. Choose whether to receive notifications immediately upon screen offline status or after a specified downtime.
Use "Notification Grouping" to include more than one screen in email notifications under My Accounts in Studio (note this only applies to personal notifications).
When should you use the screen notifications feature?
Screen notifications can benefit various industries that use digital signage, whether it's in retail, the educational sector, manufacturing, or convention centers. Here are just some examples.
Office Setting: Instant alerts provide reassurance to managers by promptly notifying them when crucial updates or announcements go offline, ensuring uninterrupted communication and timely information for employees.
Manufacturing Industry: Immediate notifications of screen downtime are essential for both safety compliance and operational continuity. Ensuring the operational status of screens displaying safety protocols, emergency procedures, or hazard warnings for a safe working environment. They also contribute to enhanced operational efficiency by preventing downtime and maintaining access to critical production information.
Deskless Worker Setting: Displays are often used to help deskless employees maintain a connection to the company and receive job-related information. Screen Notifications can be a real asset in monitoring these displays regularly, enabling quick responses to screen issues and ensuring uninterrupted workflow for deskless workers, making them feel appreciated.
Q: Is this feature available for all customers?
A: The Screen Status Notification feature is only available for Pro plan and above customers.
Q: Does this feature support bulk actions?
A: Not currently, but support will be added very soon.
Q: What notifications are currently supported?
A: We currently support offline and online notifications. For example, if a screen goes offline and then subsequently comes back online, the user will receive two notifications.
Q: Can I send a notification to a user not inside my organization?
A: No, currently the user has to be a member of the organization in question to receive a notification.
Q: Do we support other notifications, not via email?
A: This feature only supports email notifications.
Q: How quickly do notifications go out?
A: Once the system knows that a screen is offline, a notification will be sent. This takes roughly 1 or 2 minutes from the moment we lose contact with the device.
Q: I am receiving too many notifications; how can I reduce them?
A: There are two options:
1. Give the screen a Notification Threshold value so notifications are only received after a screen has been offline for a defined time (this reduces screens flicking offline or online)
2. Turn on Group Notifications under the My Account section inside Studio. This will group notifications that are sent within a few minutes of each other and only send one email.
Q: Can I only receive online notifications?
A: No, an online notification is only sent once a prior offline notification has been sent.
ScreenCloud's support team is available to help users with any questions they may have about Screen Status Notifications or any other aspect of the platform. Users can reach out to the support team via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call their toll-free support line at +44 (0)20 3808 5585.