ScreenClouds Duplicate feature: How to quickly and easily copy channels, playlists, and entire spaces
ScreenCloud's duplication feature saves valuable time and effort for businesses, eliminating the need to spend tedious hours copying your channels, playlists, and entire Spaces minimizing the risk of data loss in the process.
Available for all customer plans
ScreenCloud's new Duplication feature allows users to easily duplicate channels and playlists to other Spaces, or duplicate a Space altogether, making it simple to create new content based on existing templates. It is an excellent tool for businesses looking to maintain consistency and streamline communication across the organization.
The benefits of this feature extend beyond onboarding new employees to ensuring that all employees receive the same information, avoiding confusion and misinterpretation. With ScreenCloud, businesses can stay on top of their digital signage game and keep their employees informed in a more efficient and engaging way, making it easier to achieve their goals.
To learn more about the Duplication feature and Channels, check out this help article here.
Check out this video below to see how to duplicate your channel, playlists, and other content to another Space
What are the benefits?
- Saves time and resources: Save time by avoiding the need to recreate the same content repeatedly. Where energy was previously spent on creating new content, especially if the content is complex and requires a lot of customization, employees can focus on other tasks by duplicating an entire Space with everything in it, including channels, playlists, media, and apps.
- Quickly onboard new locations: The time spent setting up new Spaces from scratch can slow down the overall productivity of a new team and quickly become frustrating, especially when the content already exists somewhere else. If you are expanding across locations or departments, you can easily spin up entire Spaces or share template channels or playlists, accelerating the onboarding process for new teams across various sites in a timely manner.
- Minimizes risk when recreating content: This is the perfect tool for anyone who needs a reliable way to recreate a Space or content, if this is their goal. With its intuitive interface and one-click duplication process, users minimize the risk of missing important information when recreating a piece of content.
- Maintains consistency: Businesses can create a cohesive and unified message using the same content, down to the theme or layout. This can be important for building brand recognition and trust among customers, as well as ensuring that all employees receive the same information to avoid confusion and misinterpretation.
- Enables cross-team collaboration: Duplication enables teams who work across multiple Spaces to collaborate effortlessly by allowing them to send content from one Space to another.
How to use the Duplication feature
With the duplication feature, you can accomplish two tasks:
- Duplicate channel or playlist into another Space: This includes all the content inside, providing the target Space with a complete copy.
- Duplicate a Space: This duplicates the entire Space, including all media, channels, playlists, and apps (with the exception of some apps, see below).
To Duplicate a Channel or Playlist:
- Go to a Channel or a Playlist and click the duplication button.
- Select "Duplicate to Another Space" (available in Channel/Playlist list and detail) and choose the Space or Spaces you wish to duplicate to.
- Next select "Continue" to start the duplication process. The duration will depend on the size of the Channel or Playlist.
- After completion, navigate to the destination Space or Spaces, and the Channel should be visible on the Channel list page. All Playlist/Media/Apps inside the Channel will be copied over to the target space.
To duplicate a Space:
- To duplicate a Space, first go to Account Settings and locate the Spaces tab.
- Locate the space you would like to duplicate and either select the Duplicate button on the right hand side, or select the space to view a pop up window where you can also select the duplicate button.
- You’ll then see a confirmation that the duplication is in progress and also a placeholder Space until it has finished duplicating.
- Once the space has finished duplicating, you will see the name of the space with the word "copy" behind it.
Q: What permissions are required to duplicate content and spaces?
A: Users will need to be either an Admin role or have channel or playlist-related custom permissions to duplicate content. They also need to be able to access the destination space.
Q: What type of content can I duplicate?
A: When duplicating content, all content within that channel or playlist is duplicated (apart from Dashboards) and some select apps (see below)
Q: What apps aren’t included in the duplication?
A: Some apps are only able to be used in one space; therefore the following apps are not included when duplicating a space or content: Emergency Alerts and Microsoft Teams.
Q: Is duplicating content to another space different from sharing content to another space?
A: Yes, if you share a channel or playlist with another space, users within that space can view and edit the content, but only the original owner can change any settings. If you duplicate, then the playlist or channel is fully editable and customizable in the new space.
Q: Can a duplication fail?
A: Yes, in some circumstances, duplicate content can fail. In this case, there will be a red colored channel or playlist in the list that will signify that duplication has failed. Users can delete this manually from their list and start again.
Excited to try out this new feature? Don't wait any longer! The duplication feature is now available to all ScreenCloud users, so log into your account and start saving valuable time and effort by duplicating channels, playlists, and even entire spaces with ease.
ScreenCloud's support team is available to help users with any questions they may have about the Duplication feature or any other aspect of the platform. Users can reach out to the support team via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call their toll-free support line at +44 (0)20 3808 5585.