Creating and distributing large amounts of content with a small team can be challenging. You're often managing budget constraints, time limitations, and the perpetual quest for engaging content.
Rather than recruiting more people, opting for efficient digital signage tools, like ScreenCloud's Collaborative Shared Channels, is a straightforward solution to boost your team's effectiveness. When tech can take over smaller tasks, it gives your team members more capacity to do the work they love and accomplish more for your company.
Feature Enhancement - Collaborative Shared Channels
Collaborative Shared Channels is an enhancement on the existing Share Channels feature, allowing content managers to contribute content to a shared Channel, giving Channels a local touch.
For instance, if your company uses Spaces to organize screens by regional office or branch, each content manager tailors content to meet the specific interests of their local audience, whether it's showcasing promotions, events, or news relevant to a particular department or region.
When sharing a Channel, content from the original shared Channels remains intact, providing reassurance to content managers and leadership that company-wide announcements will be preserved when shared across your organization.
What are Shared Channels?
To understand how Collaborative Shared Channels works, it's important to understand the feature receiving the enhancement.
The Shared Channels feature allows you to share your Channel and its content between Spaces within your organization, either in a read-only format or, now, with collaboration abilities. It promotes cross-functional collaboration and efficient information exchange beyond individual spaces. This is particularly valuable when multiple teams require access to the same content, ensuring everyone stays updated without duplicating efforts
What are the benefits of Collaborative Shared Channels?
Using shared Channels, if one department successfully implements an engaging communication approach, the collaboration feature allows users to quickly disseminate those best practices to other teams, enabling them to build upon them.
It not only accelerates the content creation process but also alleviates the struggle of sourcing content. Here are some more benefits:
- Efficient content management: Content creators will no longer experience workflow disruptions by having to switch between playing local personalized messages and company-shared channels.
- Mix central and local content: Original content cannot be removed, giving HQ control while allowing teams to contribute location-specific content to make screens more relevant and increase screen engagement.
- Promotes collaboration: Eliminates the barriers to collaboration, promotes teamwork and the seamless sharing of valuable resources from all departments, and takes the weight off of small content teams.
- Saves time and resources: Eliminate the time-consuming task of tailoring content individually for each location by allowing users to build upon established templates. This ensures a uniform message and brand identity across various locations, maintaining compliance and consistency throughout locations.
How to use Collaborative Shared Channels
- You can share any Channel created between Spaces within your organization. To start, first navigate to the Channels section in Studio.
- As you hover your mouse over a channel, the share icon will become visible to you. Simply click on the button to open the sharing settings window. You can also click on the share icon while previewing or editing a channel.
- You will see a set of sharing permissions, this where you determine if users will be able to contribute content to your shared Channel or not. Either select if you would like to allow Spaces to view the Channel only, or allow local content to be added.
- After setting your permissions, next select which Space you would like to share the Channel with.
To learn more about the Collaborative Shared Channels, check out this help article here.
ScreenCloud's support team is available to help users with any questions they may have about the Shared Channels feature or any other aspect of the platform. Users can reach out to the support team via email at email@example.com or call their toll-free support line at +44 (0)20 3808 5585.