Replace Device feature: Swap out a device without having to re-pair your screen
Learn how to replace the device powering your screen with the Replace Device option, which allows you to move your screen license from one device to another in cases where the old hardware needs to be replaced.
Available for all customers plans
If you find yourself in a situation where you need to replace your screen's device, whether it's due to a faulty device or you've decided to upgrade to a newer model, you can use the Replace Device option to seamlessly transfer your screen license to your new device without unpairing your screen.
Each device has a screen associated with it when paired to Studio. Using the Replace Device feature, you can swap out one device of an existing screen for another device without the need to delete the screen and re-pair a device. This ensures that you can manage your device fleet without losing or disrupting the content being displayed or any custom settings you configured for that screen.
To learn more about the Replace Device feature, check out this help article here.
- Time and effort savings: Users can save time and effort by preserving the screen settings, including screen name, tags, and content playing.
- Error reduction: Reduces the risk of errors when manually configuring the screen settings on the new device.
- Consistency in user experience: Ensures uninterrupted content playback, helping you maintain a consistent user experience while improving your hardware setup.
How to use the Replace Device feature
There are two ways to replace a screen:
- In Studio, head over to a screen where you will find the "Replace Device" option. After the pairing window appears, simply enter the pairing code of the new device to take control of the screen.
- Alternatively, you can choose to add a pairing code in the usual manner but select "Replace Device" instead. Then, choose from the existing list of screens and confirm.
- The old device will display a pairing code as it is now de-paired, and your new device will begin displaying the content with no disruptions.
ScreenCloud's support team is available to help users with any questions they may have about the Replace Device feature or any other aspect of the platform. Users can reach out to the support team via email at email@example.com or call their toll-free support line at +44 (0)20 3808 5585.