Use the Find and Replace Feature to Easily Swap Out Existing Content in a Playlist or Channel
Replacing an urgent announcement or uploading crucial information about upcoming shift changes can be time-consuming, especially if you have multiple playlists for different locations. Use the Find & Replace feature to quickly replace media that is already located in Channels and Playlists.
Available for all customer plans
As a content manager, manually sifting through each playlist to delete or replace content is a meticulous task, especially as the number of playlists grows or when managing numerous locations. Even missing a single piece of content can result in employees receiving outdated information, potentially causing disruptions in daily operations.
The Find & Replace feature allows you to easily replace existing media in your channels or playlists. Instead of manually removing each piece of content one by one, you can now replace a single piece of content and have it automatically updated in every location where it exists with just a few clicks.
With this feature, you gain an overview of how many times a piece of content is used and can identify where it is located among your channels and playlists.
The Find and Replace feature is designed to address the needs of our content managers, who frequently need to update items in channels and playlists, increasing their autonomy and making them more self-reliant in managing their content and network.
To learn more about the Find and Replace feature, check out this help article here.
What is the benefit?
- Provides information: Enables content managers to quickly identify where specific content is being used within the CMS. This will streamline their workflow, reducing the time and effort currently needed to manually locate and replace content.
- Increased Efficiency: Streamlines the process of replacing content, allowing one action to affect multiple channels and playlists. This saves valuable time and effort for content managers, allowing them to focus more on content creation and less on the intricacies of content management.
- Flexible Content Replacement: Provides users with the flexibility to select specific locations for content replacement. This granular control will allow content managers to make more targeted changes across their channels and playlists.
How to use the Find & Replace feature
Please note that this feature is only compatible with media within the same space in your organization.
You will be able to see the Find & Replace option only for items that are already set within a playlist or channel. You can either click the media in a channel or playlist or simply click the item in your media library as well. To learn more, read this help article here.
- First, locate the piece of media you wish to replace. You can do this by navigating to the media library or selecting an image from a channel or playlist.
- You'll then be able to see the Find & Replace button. If the media item is not in a playlist or channel, the button will not appear.
- Once you select the Find & Replace button, you’ll be able to see in which channels or playlists the piece of media is located. If you don't wish to switch the media in all areas where it's located, you can select to replace the content in only certain locations.
- Next, simply upload your media or select what you already have available in your media library. You can also replace the selected media with different types of content, for example, a link or Canvas slide.
- You’ll now see your replacement media and be able to compare the two. Hit Replace to make the change.
Your playlist and channel will now contain the new piece of media with the same display duration settings that were applied to the one that was replaced.
Q: Does this feature work across spaces?
A: No, the Find and Replace feature is specific to the space you are replacing content in.
Q: Is there a limit to the number of channels or playlists I can replace the content with?
A: No, there is no limit. You can replace content in as many channels or playlists as needed.
Q: Is this feature available for all customers?
A: Yes, this feature is available to all customers.
Q: What content can I currently replace?
A: Currently, you can only replace media content. However, we are actively working to extend this capability to Canvas and App Instances as well.
ScreenCloud's support team is available to help users with any questions they may have about the Find & Replace feature or any other aspect of the platform. Users can reach out to the support team via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call their toll-free support line at +44 (0)20 3808 5585.